...

Monday, July 29, 2013

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip and Cheek Colour in Flirty Kiss

Flirty Kiss by the Australian brand Mirenesse is a lip pencil that can also be used as a blush.  Technically, I guess any lipstick could be used for blush as well, although I typically don't think of them that way.  I know it's not anything new, but sometimes I need things spelled out for me :-)
Flirty Kiss is described as a true red and it does look that way in the swatch.  On my lips and cheeks, however, it takes on a pinkish hue.  It reminds me a bit of Benefit's Benetint in that as a blush it mimics a natural flush.  I never really got the hang of Benetint, however, as a cream works better for me than Benetint's liquid formula.
Flirty Kiss is creamy, intensely pigmented, smooth, and blends out nicely when used as a blush.  I did find that dabbing the pencil directly on my cheek tended to hold that spot of color more intensely, even with vigorous rubbing.  Applying to your hand first and then using a brush to pick up the pigment and apply to cheeks worked well to avoid that potential issue.  I experienced no stickiness and the color wore well throughout the day as a blush.
The look above on my lips shows the color after I've patted it down a bit with my fingers and then applied a clear gloss.  You could get a truly red lip from this pencil easily, but for a more every day look I prefer it a bit more toned down.  As a lip color, I'd say I got a good 4 hours of wear and my lips still looked pink after the gloss had worn away.
I was not familiar with Mirenesse prior to receiving this pencil in my June Birchbox, but I'm a bit intrigued now.  I signed up at their site to receive email and what I can say is that they have regular sales and specials, as I seem to get almost daily emails from them.  They also have a VIP program that is the equivalent of a monthly subscription service, as it is $25/month but you do get a subscription box, a $25 voucher each month, discounts, and free shipping.  The Glossy Kiss pencils are also available on Birchbox's site for $26.55. 
Has anybody tried any of the Mirenesse products?

Disclaimer: I purchased this.

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand. Looks very pretty and juicy though, is it the twist-up or do you have to sharpen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, mine is a sample size (even though it's the size of most lip pencils) so it requires sharpening. The regular sized version is a twist-up, however!

      Delete
    2. Oooh I see, a while back I had to buy a bigger sharpener for my fatter pencils

      Delete