...

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cherry on Top Colorsensational Color Whisper Lip Color

Marketed as truly translucent gel color,  Color Whisper Lip Color's are  supposed to deliver sexy, soft, see through color with a touch of shine, but without the heavy waxes and oils found in traditional lip color.  I picked up Cherry on Top recently, and this pretty pink shade does indeed give a translucent but noticeable wash of color. 
Unfortunately, there is something in the formula that also makes my lips burn a bit, which my brain translates as thinking my lips feel dry.  I've experienced this with other lip products, and I'm not sure what the culprit ingredient is.  
The texture of Cherry on Top is smooth and emollient, and there are lubricating ingredients in the mix such as jojoba oil and shea butter, but there is also something else in there that negates all the potential good.  It's a shame, as I do like the color and finish!  I'll have to stick with my Revlon Lip Butters, as I do not experience this issue with them. 
Has anyone else experience this with the Color Whispers or other lip products?  I've had this problem with Eos lip balms as well.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, no I didn't experience any burning, not with the shade berry ready anyways. The only time I had a negative reaction to a lip product is to that plumping gloss from julep :S

    ReplyDelete