...

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tarte Brazilliance Self Tanner

I was fortunate enough to snag one of the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kits when they first became available online, as they sold out fast.  One of the deluxe samples in the kit was the Tarte Brazilliance self-tanning gel, which I've been trying out the past few days.  Featuring something called PUREshield™ scent-control technology (fancy, eh?), this self tanner is supposed to give you a "sunkissed warmth that never looks fake or orange" without the nasty smell that many self-tanners have. 
It also contains maracuja oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), and a high dose of pure Vitamin C to give the appearance of brighter skin.  So, no bad scent or orangey skintones and good for your skin ingredients - does it deliver?
  • Scent: The fragrance was hard for me to place, but it is passion fruit (maracuja is passion fruit).  It's pleasant and fades after applying, so I found it to be unobtrusive.
  • Tone:  It is surprisingly neutral in tone when first applied - almost alarmingly so, as the tone bordered on gray.  However, once it develops it leaves my legs with a natural looking, slightly tan tone.  Nothing over the top, but enough to make a difference.
  • Texture:   It's a gel and it applied smoothly without streaking.  Color can be built up with more layers.  It also seems fairly transfer resistant, which is a plus.  I do not have the mitt that comes with the full sized version, but using my hands worked fine.
  • Price:  IMO, it's expensive at $37 for a self-tanner.  The instructions on my tube said it was enough for one application to either my legs or upper body only - although I've used it twice now on my legs (about a nickle size for each shin and thigh) and still have enough for another application.

So yes, it does deliver on it's claims, but the price makes it less attractive to me.  I'm pretty happy with the St. Tropez One Night Only bronzing lotion, which is much more reasonable at $18 for roughly the same size (5 oz. vs. Tarte's 5.5 oz.).   

Have you tried Brazilliance yet?  What did you think?

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sad I missed out on the sun safety kit this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a nice kit, the MUST have sold out quick because I never even saw them anywhere haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's just one side of the kit showing - the other side has products as well! Definitely a great deal.

      Delete