...

Monday, June 3, 2013

Empties! Products I Used Up in May

Lots of used up products this month!  Starting from the left, we've got:
  • Blissoma Vegan Adaptive Energy Facial Tonique Toner (deluxe sample):  liked it, although the spritzer was a bit wonky.  Interested in checking out more from this company
  • DHC Acerola Gel (full size):  a summer staple for me, as it's a very light weight gel based moisturizer with a high vitamin C content for antioxidant protection.  It's also reasonably priced.  You can see my original review here.
  • Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Exfoliant (full size):  I didn't actually use this all up, but moisture had gotten into the bottle and it went bad, so I needed to throw it out :-(  You can see my original review here.
  • Nexxus Youth Renewing Rejuvenating Elixir (deluxe sample):  This smells great and did seem to make a difference when I used it.  I'm considering purchasing, perhaps with my Birchbox dollars.  Fitting, as it was a sample from my April Birchbox.
  • Somme Institute Transport:  This was a GWP from beauty.com and was full sized with 50 pads.  They are supposed to exfoliate and unclog blocked pores via glycolic acid, as well as deliver vitamins deep within the skin's surface.  I liked them, but not enough to pay $58.
  • Suki Exfoliating Cleanser (sample):  Love!  Planning on purchasing a full size.
  • Philosphy Bananas Foster shower gel:  okay, found the scent a bit cloying.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle:  I broke the pump on this so had to remove it from it's outer packaging in order to use.  All of Peter Thomas Roth's products sound amazing, but I can't say I've found them worth the hefty prices (thus far).  This was a deluxe sample size (.5 oz?)  - 2 ounces retails $190.  Yeah, I know.
  • Klorane Dry Shampoo (deluxe sample):  I thought it performed well, but more expensive than I want to pay ($18).  I go through too much dry shampoo to get hooked on a pricey one :-)
  • YonKa Vital Defense (full size):  I really, really liked this.  Almost verging on love.  Kind of how an ex-boyfriend felt about me, as he always used to tell me "I really, REALLY like you."  He's married to someone else now, thank goodness.  I'm considering committing to YonKa.
  • Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal (full size):  Good stuff!  I'd like to get more of these.
  • Lancome Genifique serum (deluxe sample):  I can't really tell what this is doing, but I'm committed to using up all my serum samples.  I'm currently on a second bottle, so maybe I'll be able to tell more after that.
Two of the foil packets didn't make it to second use, as the Supergoop Serum broke my skin out, and the Elizabeth Arden Prevage Day moisturizer was too greasy for my skin.
So there you go, some really good stuff in there, a few which may reappear at some point!

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.

2 comments:

  1. I have never in my life finished a lip product before, not even a lip balm (always loose them before I use them up), so kudos!

    ReplyDelete