...

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ulta Kohl Eye Liner in Halo Review, Swatch, and Comparison

I bought several Ulta eyeliners in different formulations a while back, and I've got to say the Kohl Eye Liner in Halo has really impressed me!  It reminds me of the Urban Decay 24/7 eye liners in that it is smooth, nicely pigmented, and is smudge resistant once it sets.  Furthermore, it's a nice budget option, as the Ulta Kohl pencils are $7 compared to Urban Decay's $19 price tag.  Score!
Ulta Kohl Halo
Halo is a bisque or cream colored shimmer that I like to use as an inner eye highlighter.  The only other eye pencil I have that is similar in color is Yeyo by Urban Decay.  Halo is actually more yellow in tone than the whiter Yeyo, but both performed similarly in terms of finish and wear.  I may actually prefer Halo, as my skin has yellow undertones which Halo complements well.  If I had to pick a comparison, think of ivory versus white bridal dresses and which you would look better in.  It's ivory for me!
Left:  Halo, Right: Yeyo
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea ULTA had a shade like this! I've got to snag one of these! :) I have been using the new Rimmel kohl scandaleyes in nude on my waterline, and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel has some good pencils - I hope they come out with more colors!

      Delete