...

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Firework

Mally is not a brand that I've ventured into much, so when beauty.com offered a free Evercolor Shadow Stick in the color Firework with any $25 purchase, I decided I'd take that offer.  Firework is a metallic rose gold color that is actually more delicate looking than I was expecting.  I think the name had me thinking it would be more red or copper in color.
Firework has a shimmery, metallic finish that looks nice on the inner eye.  I also like using it as a base for other shadows, as the sparkle will peek through and add some dimension without overwhelming me with shimmer.   The swatches below show a more solid swatch and then one smudged out.
Mally Shadow Sticks are supposed to be quick and long wearing, as they are a primer, shadow base, and eye shadow all in one.  You have to work quick to smudge them before they set, and once they do, they are there for the long run.  They have a smooth, slippery texture that makes them easy to apply and overall I found Firework easy to work with.  The rounded dome does make it difficult to use these for precise lining.
Here I used Firework as a base shadow from lash line to crease.  You can see how the sparkle does come through.
 
In this look I used Firework as an inner eye highlight.  The Evercolor Shadow Sticks are a bit pricey at $25 each, but I'm impressed with Firework enough that I may pick up a few more!

Disclaimer:  This was a gift with purchase.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment