...

Monday, March 18, 2013

YonKa Vital Defense Intense Hydration

Vital Defense by YonKa was one of the items I received in a New Beauty Test Tube.  I'm just about finished with it and thought it was time for a review.  For those not familiar with YonKa (I wasn't prior to receiving Vital Defense), it is a skincare line founded in 1957 by a pair of French botanist brothers.  They were able to perfect the process of stabilizing essential oils in water-based emulsions and specialized in esthetic aromatherapy, phytotherapy, marine therapy and fruit acid based products.

YonKa may be more well known in Europe and continues to be manufactured in France.  It's on the higher end of skincare lines and is featured in spas, although it can be purchased online as well.  The Vital Defense lotion is described as an anti-aging skin cream that protects skin from environmental stressors
"by stimulating skin renewal. Lactic acid exfoliates for a smoother, brighter complexion. Moringa peptide decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Olive oil, rich in antioxidants including vitamins A and E, protects the skin against free-radical damage. Mandarin peel oil promotes blood circulation and the regeneration of new skin cells." (Source:  Dermstore)
Every morning when I apply Vital Defense I'm struck by the pleasant citrusy floral scent, so I've got to say the aromatherapy aspect is definitely there.  The cream itself is a thicker white cream that applies easily and leaves no greasy after feel.  I've got oily skin and Vital Defense has not made me feel more oily, just nicely hydrated and smooth.  For someone who has a variety of skin care lotions and creams, I've been fairly loyal to Vital Defense since I started using it, so that speaks quite highly!
The price is a hefty $72, which is comparable to another natural, botanically based high end brand I'm fond of, Eminence Skincare.  I think I may actually prefer YonKa, or at least the Vital Defense moisturizer, now that I've tried it.   Would I purchase?  I think so!  I've got aging, problematic skin, so when I find something that works well, price becomes less of an obstacle.  I've seen discounted prices online, although I'm assuming those are not through an authorized retailer. 
Photo source:  NHR Organic Essential Oils
Ingredients:  Water Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate Myristyl Myristate, Urea, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Myristyl Esters, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ Vp Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Latic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-75 Stearate, Hordeum Distichon(Barley) Extract, Serine, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis(Orange) Peel Oil, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Santalum Album(Sandalwood)Extract, Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Squalane, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Tocopheryl Acetate(Vit E :.21%), Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate(Vit C), Retinyl Palmitate(Vit A), Michelia Alba (Magnolia)Leaf Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange)Peel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Parfum/Fragrance, Dextrin, Sodium Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower)Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Ubiquinone, Limonene, Linalool, Citral.

Disclaimer:  I received this in my New Beauty Test Tube, which I purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment