...

Friday, February 22, 2013

Ulta Double Duty Lip Stain and Balm in Romance

There's a part of me that wants to rock a vibrant lip and then there's the part of me that is self-conscious when I do.  But, I keep trying, especially in light of all the bright pink lips I've been seeing in springtime ads.

Enter Double Duty Lip Stain and Balm in Romance, which I picked up on sale for $3 recently at Ulta.  One side is a felt tip liner for the stain and the other is a sheer balm for sheen and moisture.  In the picture below, I applied the balm over the stain and then below it, and while it does have a slight tint, it is barely visible.
The stain side of Romance applied well and does indeed stain the lips, but I was not impressed with the balm side.  It's more waxy feeling than balmy, imparted almost no shine, and left my lips feeling dry and tight. 
I would say the stain lasts for several hours even with eating and drinking, as my lips still have color to them after coffee and a pancake brunch.  They are not a vibrant pink, but they are darker than my natural lip color. 
Romance with a clear gloss on top
So, for the $3 I paid, I'm satisfied.  I'm not so sure if I would be for the regular price of $8, however.  Ulta is always running sales, however, so it should be easy to pick them up at a cheaper price.  There are currently 5 colors available.

Disclaimer: I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment