...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hr Primer in Fair, Light, Medium and Tan Swatches

Tarte has released another version of a BB cream, but they are calling it a "tinted treatment" that is also primer, which I think is wise.  Or maybe it's all just semantics, as they describe it as a
"multi-tasker that acts as a primer, moisturizer, anti-aging treatment, light foundation, and sunscreen all at once!"
Fair, Light, Medium, Tan
It contains a proprietary tripleB complex, which is a blend of natural diamond powder, plant extracts, and lipoaminio acis.  I recently received a sample card of Tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hr primer, and after trying it out this week, thought I would swatch the four available shades. 

I was pleasantly surprised that this covered well enough that I did not feel the need to also use a foundation, although I did set it lightly with powder.  My skin is far from perfect, so that is saying something!  The second to the lightest shade, Light, was a good match for my complexion. 
With a SPF of 30, the consistency is creamy, smooth and blends easily.  I did have some settling in pores, but that is true of most products with me.  On my very oily skin, I'd say it wore for a solid 8 hours before I noticed significant fading or blotching.  The texture felt like it had silicones, and sure enough after looking at the ingredient list, it does.  On the plus side, it does not contain parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, or synthetic fragrances. 
This sample card definitely served it's purpose, as I like this enough to purchase a full size!  I'm kind of kicking myself because I recently purchased Urban Decay's BB cream to use as a primer (review coming soon), and I'm thinking based on initial impressions, I'm liking Tarte's better.  
Tarte BB tinted treatment in Light
Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50%
Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polysilicone-11, mica, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, PEG-10 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, stearic acid, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, diamond powder, iron oxides.
Disclaimer:  I received this as a sample gift with purchase.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I also got a sample from my Ulta and it is AMAZING...I usually don't feel the need to purchase things RIGHT NOW because I tried a sample, but I HAD TO HAVE this stuff. I went yesterday to buy it but my Ulta was out-they got their truck today and I went back and got it. This stuff is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The only issue I'm having is that it makes me look a bit pale in photographs, but that's because of the SPF I believe.

      Delete