...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

There is something so refreshing and comforting about the smell of a freshly peeled orange.  There is an uplifting warmth to it that puts me in a good mood, so it's no surprise that Atelier Cologne's Orange Sanguine would be a hit with me.  This is the most realistic fresh orange scent that I've come across!

Atelier Colognes are designed to evoke a mood, and here is how Orange Sanguine is described:
"It was the kind of moment you would want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air."
I'm trying to remember if I've eaten a blood orange before.  Surely I have, but I'm drawing a blank in trying to remember an orange with a dark red center that tastes slightly like raspberries.  Blood oranges are native to Italy and Spain, and I think the postcard that came with Orange Sanguine definitely captures a Mediterranean setting.  

Orange Sanguine is a fairly linear fragrance, although there is a slight warming from the amber woods and sandalwood after the initial burst of citrus.  Sometimes consistency is good, especially when the opening notes are the ones that caused the warm fuzzies to begin with.  So, the fact that Orange Sanguine stays essentially citrus from first spray to dry down is not a problem for me.  Lasting power is a good 4-5 hours, and considering that citrus fragrances are notorious for their fleeting nature, not bad at all.

Atelier Colognes have a higher cologne absolue concentration which contributes to their longevity, and Orange Sanguine is concentrated at 15% and composed of:
  • Top notes: blood orange, bitter orange
  • Heart notes: jasmine, geranium from South Africa
  • Base notes: amber woods, tonka beans, sandalwood
The 1 oz bottle retails for $60, the 3.3 oz for $95, and the 6.7 oz for $155.   I've now acquired two Atelier Colognes with Vanille Insensée (reviewed here) and Orange Sanguine, and I've got to say I'm a fan!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment