...

Monday, February 4, 2013

January Eco Emi: Celebrating Love

January's Eco Emi box celebrates Valentine's Day, giving me a taste of the day celebrating love a few weeks early.  Sweet!  I'm leading with a food item, because it was that good - the Pink Pepper and Citrus chocolate bar by Madecasse Chocolate. I would totally buy this chocolate, the unique flavor was a bit addictive!  Sample value is $2.
The lip balm this month was from Wine Country Organics called Organic Pinot Lip Tint.  It does provide a nice hint of color, but it was not moisturizing enough when I used it exclusively all day while at the Mystic Mutts of Revelry parade, lots of fun!  All the dogs were so well behaved, which is amazing considering the noise level of the crowd and just the general chaos that is a Mardi Gras parade.  Sample value $7.
 The Mandarin Body Butter by Lisa Ann Skin Care has a light citrus scent and is of the thicker variety, which I like using on slightly damp skin after a shower to provide a protective barrier to seal that moisture in.  Sample value (estimated) 75 cents.
The Vanilla & Sweet Orange volumzing shampoo from Hugo Naturals intrigues me.  It's sulfate free with no harsh chemicals, yet lathers really well.  It has an interesting feel with no slip, and my hair was squeaky clean afterwards. I'm think it will make a great clarifying shampoo!  It's also reasonably priced at $9.99 for 12 oz., so I may have to look into this line more.  Sample value $1.66.

I also received an eyeshadow from The All Natural Face called Pink Gold.  Lovely color which I've been using as a sheer wash of a color on my lids.  It can used wet for more intense color and works well either way.  Love!  I'm not sure of the size, but my sample is filled to the brim so I'm going to estimate value at $3.50.

The Million Year Mud Mask by 7th Heaven has some really unique packaging.  It features Rhassoul mud (Moroccan lava clay), honey, shea butter, juniper, elderflower, ginseng, and clove.  Sample value $2.99.
The White Camellia hydrating bath bar from Aubrey Organics is jasmine scented and I love these sample sized soaps for washing my hands.  Sample value $1.  The two remaining items are 2 Yogi teas in Bedtime and Kava Stress Relive, and a cocoa and berries milled flaxseed sample. 
I continue to be very happy with this natural products subscription box, as I'm being introduced to new products and brands that I really like!  The value of this month's box is approximately $20.

Disclosure:  I subscribe to Eco Emi for $15/mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment