...

Monday, January 28, 2013

New Beauty TestTube: Winter 2013

My New Beauty TestTube arrived last week!  For those not familiar with this subscription sampling service, for $38.90 per quarter ($29.99 plus shipping), you receive deluxe and full-sized beauty products to try out as well as the New Beauty magazine.  There are no foil packets here, and sizes are usually quite generous.  They quality of the brands included has been consistently high, and I've been introduced to several great brands I was previously unfamiliar with.  
Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Flush (value $26). 
This vibrant berry pink not a color I would have gravitated to on my own, but it's actually something I really like.  Sometimes I need the nudge of receiving something out of my comfort zone to expand my horizon. 

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser (value $35).  According to the Dr. Brandt web site, this is "a  non-drying, pore refining cleanser that uses the power of tea tree oil, willow bark and salicylic acid to dissolve impurities and decongest pores, leaving skin with a fresh, ultra-clean sensation."  Perfect for my skin type, really excited to try this out.

The Liftactive Serum 10 (value $5.25) was an Allure 2012 Best of Beauty winner and is an anti-aging treatment formulated with Rhamnose, a naturally derived plant sugar, which is clinically proven to improve skin rejuvenation.  Supposedly, after one drop, wrinkles and pores are visibly reduced, skin is lifted, smoothed and more radiant.  Here's hoping!

Liftactive Eyes (value $4.50) also contains Rhamnose, as well as caffeine to reduce the appearance of dark circles and Escine to help flush out toxins and retained water to reduce puffiness.
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (value $1.67) contain no alcohol, dyes, perfumes, or harsh irritants and are supposed to be non-drying and non-greasy.  I like cleansing cloths and use them when swatching or on the occasional evening when I'm too tired to do a full cleansing routine.  I've seen this brand advertised but this will be my first time trying one of their products. 

Stila Face the Day multi-use gel cream (value $11.40) contains Hyaluronic Acid and antioxidant-rich stabilized Vitamins A, C & E.  It utilizes something called Alpine Rose Stem Cell Technology to rejuvenate skin cells and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin elasticity and texture.  Sounds intriguing!

In addition to the core tube items that everyone received,there were a few extras included.  I received a Mally Everolor Starlight waterproof eye liner in Midnight (value $15) and a Phyto Phytodefrisant botanical hair relaxing balm (value $5.50).  I've been curious out the Mally eyeliners, although I wish I had received a color other than black as I'm swimming in black eye liners.  The Phyto hair balm is silicone free, so I'm excited to see how it works. 

Total value of the Winter TestTube is $104.36, not bad! 

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment