...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Maracuja Cheek Tint in Light Nectar by Tarte

It looks like Tarte's Maracuja cheek tints may be phased out, as they are currently on sale for $15 at Tarte.com.  I've been a fan of Tarte's cheek stains and their Amazonian clay blushes, so perhaps the Maracuja cheek tint will make it a trio!  They come in four colors, and I chose Light Nectar to try out.

I like that these come in a pump and did not find it difficult to dispense just the right amount.  The texture is gel like and was not difficult to apply, although putting it on over my makeup did disturb my foundation a bit.  I experience this with the stick cheek stains as well, so it's not insurmountable.  This is actually a stain, as you will find out if you apply with your finger.  For my second try, I put a dab on my cheek and then blended with a brush, which worked well. 
Infused with antioxidant rich Maracuja oil, these are also notable for what they don't contain, namely parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, or synthetic fragrances.  Because these do stain the skin, the staying power is also greater than the stick cheek stains, making them a potentially good hot or humid weather choice.

I believe the Marajuca cheek tints were originally released on QVC and I have no idea if they will be brought back, so if you wanted to give them a try, now would be the time!  Light Nectar is already out of stock, but Deep Berry, Light Pink, and Sheer Red are still available.

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment