...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lancome Holiday Beauty Collection in Sparkling Champagne Preview

Lancome's limited edition Holiday Beauty Collection came in two color selections - Sparkling Champagne and Smoky Plum.  Being the neutral lover that I am, I chose Sparkling Champagne.  Included in this set for $59.50 are 12 full size pieces and a deluxe sample sized Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, valued at over $300. Today I'll be showing you the pieces and swatches and reviews will be forthcoming.
I was surprised at how large the box this came in was - I guess I wasn't expecting such a large train case.  It was all enclosed in a silver box that is perfect for gifting, if you know any Lancome lovers out there.
Lots to love here, but let's start with the eye shadows.  You get a cream matte called Delicate Lace, a medium taupe shimmer appropriately called Luminous Taupe, and a dark brown shimmer called Smoldering Cocoa.  All three complement each other well and make for a lovely neutral eye.
I was excited about the Juicy Tubes, in particular the gorgeous coral red Exotic Bomb.  You also get a peachy nude shimmer called Hallucination which will make a nice topper for lipsticks.
Speaking of lipsticks, this set included a coral red cream called Scarlet Blaze and a russet shimmer called Sugared Maple.  I've discovered I like Lancome lipsticks - they are creamy and wear comfortably.  Exotic Bomb is the perfect gloss for Scarlet Blaze and makes for a red lip that I can wear without feeling self conscious.
Also included is an eyeliner in dark brown matte called Black Coffee, Definicils mascara in black, a Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, a lid and liner brush duo, and the Genifique serum sample.  
I'm wearing the shadows, eyeliner, mascara, and Scarlet Blaze/Exotic Bomb in this picture.  My initial impressions are really positive, but swatches and reviews of everything will be coming over the next week or so!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment