...

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon

Mega Melon
Mega Melon is a soft terracotta with a slight shimmer.  I got mine as a gift with purchase, so you are seeing the deluxe sample size above - hence the plastic cap.  I did not find it to be particularly moisturizing (despite the shea and mango butters they contain) and my lips had that slight stinging sensation I get with some lip products.  I associate that feeling with it not being comfortable to wear, although this feels emollient on.  A good lip balm underneath would solve the problem, so it's not a deal breaker. 

However, in the several months that I've had this, I haven't reached for it much.  The color is a nice every day good for work shade, but nothing about the color or the formula stands out for me.  Chubby Sticks come in 16 different shades and retail for $16. 
Not sure why Clinique is not more forthcoming with their ingredients, but after a search I found this on Sephora's Q&A page:

Ingredients:  Castor seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, vegetable oil, candelilla wax, beeswax, ozokerite, shea butter, hydrogenated vegetable oil, jojoba seed oil, tocopherol, mango seed butter, meadowfoam seed oil, hydrogenated olive oil, sunflower seed oil. (plus pigments)

Disclosure:  I got this as a gift with purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment