...

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sula Beauty Cream Shadow in Big Flirt: Review & Swatches

Another Sula Beauty item to show you, this time a cream shadow called Big Flirt.  I don't know why I've become fixated on cream shadows, but I have.  When I first saw Big Flirt, I thought it was an olive green.  The container was sealed so I couldn't open it, so imagine my surprise when I opened it in the car and thought "antique gold".  Still pretty, though.  But it was only when I got home and really looked at it that I decided it's really more of a khaki or taupe color.  Sula Beauty describes it as "earth green".  Lighting seems to make a big difference in what color Big Flirt decides to be. 

This is a sheer, rather subtle, color.  The texture is quite light and creamy and I applied it with my finger.  I say sheer because it's more like a wash and is not opaque.  It's not patchy, which I've experienced with some cream shadows, but more of a wash. Quite pretty, actually, and made for a nice base when used with some of my powder shadows.  I did not completely cover it with the other shadows, but instead let it be the lighter highlight shade. 


I was fully expecting this to crease within a few hours, due to it's creaminess.  I was pleasantly surprised when it wore well throughout the day!  I always wear a primer so maybe that's what made the difference.


I'm not sure what's going on with Sula Beauty products, as I got this one at Ulta in the mark down bin.  I'm a bit sad that I discovered a good natural product line when it's being phased out from Ulta.  It looks like Sula Beauty is also carried at Anthropologie, but we don't have one in Mobile.  Big Flirt can also be purchased online at Sula Beauty and retails for $10.  I paid $5.99 on sale.


Disclosure:  I purchased this and have no affiliation with any of the stores mentioned.
Ingredients:  Cera alba (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis ( Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Silica, Tocopherol (Vit. E). (+/-) Mica (CI 77019), TiO2 (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289)

No comments:

Post a Comment