...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Liquid Diamond

Liquid Diamond
Out of the 6 news shades of Infallible eyeshadow L'Oreal recently released here in the US, Liquid Diamond is the one that called out to me the most.  Liquid Diamond is a silvery lilac gray and makes a lovely companion highlighter for another Infallible shadow I own, the matte bluish gray Sultry Smoke.  Some of the Infallible eyeshadows run a bit too shimmery for me, and while Liquid Diamond is shimmery, it has a nuance that makes it very flattering on. 

For those that may not have tried the Infallible shadows, they have a unique formula that feels creamy, but is composed of dry, loose pigment packed into the jar.  A plastic topper sits inside the jar to keep the pigment condensed.  If you press too hard on these, you will see that that they really are comprised of loose pigment.

Shade
Sun
I've had the best luck using my finger to apply these, but I've used foam applicators and brushes as well, especially on the lower lash line and inner eyes.  These shadows are waterproof, but I find they do crease on me without a primer.  With a primer I get at good 10 hours of wear with minimal fading.

For this look, I used Liquid Diamond from the inner to mid portion of the lid, and Sultry Smoke on the outer portion and crease.   I used Endless Pearl, a matte cream from the Infallible shadow line, on the brow bone and inner eye.  I lined my upper lash line with the new Infallible gel liner in Slate, which I'll be reviewing soon. 

Infallible shadows retail for about $8 at most places, although some have been fortunate to find them a few dollars cheaper.  I got Liquid Diamond at Ulta, which currently (6/24-6/30) has a buy one get another 50% off sale on these.  Combine that with the $3.50 off $10 coupon, and it's a deal!  However, the new shades are not yet listed at Ulta.com, so those will apparently have to be found in store.

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment