...

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spongeables Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer

When I first saw Spongeables at my spa, I was skeptical and thought it was just a clever marketing gimmick.  If you are not familiar with Spongeables, they are sponges that are infused with cleansers and skin ingredients that promise to  cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and massage - just by using the sponge.  There are sponges for the shower, for your feet, for your hands/cuticles, for men, for kids, for your dog(!) and for travel.  Using a patent-pending infusion process, these sponges stay fresh and guarantee a specific amount of uses.  That's right, these are hypo-allergenic and anti-microbial.  Cause we all know how fast bacteria grows in wet things, especially in my neck of the humid, balmy woods.  

So, I picked up the lavender scented Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer that is infused with glycerin, olive oil, shea butter, and tea tree oil.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised!  Texture wise, this is a stiff, firm sponge that lathers nicely and for some reason reminds me of a honeycomb.  There is a softer pink side and a firmer white side, pink for lathering and white for exfoliating.

I used this during a recent pedicure and found the lavender scent quite pleasant!  They have quite a variety of scents, including White Rose, Pink Grapefruit, Honey-Lotus and Quince, and zesty Unexpected for men.  My feet were squeaky clean yet smooth and soft afterwards.  The Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer is supposed to last for 20+ washes, so this should last me for almost a year of pedicures, all for about $5.  Since I'm not using this in the shower but only when I give myself a pedicure, I'm going to store it in a ziplock bag in between uses.  I got mine at my spa but a quick search showed them at drugstore.com. Walgreens, amazon.com, and probably any other number of retailers.






No comments:

Post a Comment