...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol


This natural ingredient primer from Tarte is supposed to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by  51% in just 10 minutes.  That's an impressive claim - but I have no idea what the data is to back it up.  Furthermore, it looks like this may have been discontinued as I don't see it on Tarte's site and Sephora and a few other online sellers have it listed as out of stock.  I do see it on Amazon from an independent seller who is asking $32.75 - a whopping price hike from the normal $20 it's listed for.  Hmmm.  I'm guessing Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Shadow Primer is taking Lifted's place. 

However, it is part of the Intro to Tarte Value set, which is currently on sale for $21 at Tarte.com.  So, if you're a fan of Lifted or just wanted to try out an eye primer that contains the following ingredients, this may be your last shot at it:
-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): Aids in wrinkle reduction and removal by relaxing those muscles of the face that remain tense.
-Purslane Extract: Contains unique muscle relaxant properties that can reduce wrinkles reduces fine lines and wrinkles and assists in evening out skintone.
-Firmitol™: Clinically tested and patented ingredient that combines all of the above for an instant wrinkle reducing effect.


So how did it work as an eye shadow primer for me?  I'd say decent to good but not spectacular, which is about the same performance I saw with the other natural eye primer I've reviewed - Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Primer.  They even have the same consistency/feel.  The next shot shows how my eye makeup looked at the end of the day, after about 10 hours of wear.  I've got extremely oily skin and Lifted started breaking down on me after about 6-7 hours of wear. 

So, not the best but definitely not the worst eye primer I've used.  I do like that it has good for you ingredients in it and that the container is biodegradable.  This won't get daily use from me but will go into the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment