...

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Smashbox Shades of Fame Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss Set


 


I'm a lip gloss girl.  I was at lunch with some friends Saturday and after eating I reached for my purse to put some gloss on.  Nothing drives me to distraction more than the feel of parched lips, so imagine my growing discomfort when I realized I'd left my bag of glosses at home.  I realize that dry lips are rather low on the scale of potential human discomforts, but my tolerance level in this area is really low.  I was planning on going somewhere else after lunch but went home instead to retrieve my bag of lip comforts.

So, lip gloss sets will definitely grab my attention.  For several years I've mainly fixated on Buxom lip glosses, but am now branching out to other brands to see what other goodies might be out there.  Smashbox's Shades of Fame lip gloss set is an Ulta exclusive that I recently picked up.  I bought this online sight unseen, and was  a bit surprised when I got them that they are smaller than I expected, but the description does say travel size, so I guess I should have known.  Don't get me wrong, they are decent sized tubes of gloss, but I think the pictures I saw online made them look larger or something.

This is a set of five glosses:  Candy, Buff, Hibiscus, Papaya, and Star.  They are high shine, sheer glosses with a a bit of shimmer.  Three of the glosses have more visible shimmer (Buff, Hibiscus, Star) but I would not classify the other two (Candy, Papaya) as flat cremes, as you can see some slight sparkle in them as well.  Here are some macros of the tubes that show the sparkle in each.

These are a heavier, slightly tacky gloss.  Some hydrating ingredients include Vitamin E, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olive fruit oil, and wheat protein.  I do find the staying power to be pretty good, perhaps 3-4 hours for someone like me who is constantly drinking or eating something.  Overall, I like the color selection and will definitely use these, but am not convinced they will replace my beloved Buxom glosses.  They are a bit too tacky for me.






Candy, Buff

Hibiscus, Papaya, Star

No comments:

Post a Comment