...

Friday, March 2, 2012

N.Y.C. Extreme Lip Glider Lip Gloss

Sometime you get pleasantly surprised, and Extreme Lip Glider Lip Glosses did that for me!  The only other N.Y.C. product I've tried is a nail polish, but these glosses were marked 75% off at RiteAid this week so I thought, why not?  At .74 cents each, how bad could it be?  Well, not bad at all, in fact quite good!  These have a pleasant fruity smell (melon?), feel really nice on my lips, provide a subtle shimmer with just a hint of color, moisturize my lips enough that I'm not reaching for anything else, and wear for about 3 hours.  As I said, a pleasant surprise!



The moisturizing ability comes from vitamins A, C, and E as well as a complex of extracts and oils.  The long, narrow tubes have a slant tip applicator that applies just enough gloss without getting messy.  Plaza Punch was the more heavily pigmented of the three and actually provided color, wherease both Carnegie Mellon and Chelsea Rose gave more of a gloss with shimmer look.  The last photo shows Carnegie Mellon over Revlon's Candy Apple Red lip butter to get an idea of how these look over a more pigmented lip.

Carnegie Mellon

Plaza Punch

Chelsea Rose
Carnegie Mellon over Revlon's Candy Apple Red Lip Butter

These retail for $2.99 when not on sale and can be found at drug stores that carry N.Y.C.  Not sure how long the 75% sale at Rite Aid will last and the display was pretty picked over when I came across it, so best to look for these ASAP if you want them for the sale price.

No comments:

Post a Comment