...

Monday, March 5, 2012

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer is the second of the products I'll be reviewing from the Pomegranate Prescriptions Kit that I recently purchased.  Instructions say this can be used alone or on top of a moisturizer.  As described on Sephora's site, this primer is a clinically proven, universally nude shade that provides an invisible matte finish while minimizing the appearance of pores, balancing skintone and texture, and preparing skin for smooth makeup application and long-lasting wear. The 94% natural, non-comedogenic formula is water-based, which allows skin to breathe and does not clog pores.  Ingredients include antioxidant-rich pomegranate extract to help tighten pores, willow bark extract to balance skin, witch hazel water to mattify and tighten while removing excess oil and dirt, and rice starch to absorb excess surface oil and soften skin. 

So, this is a primer for normal to oily complexions that should be good for your skin, which is quite appealing!  It is silicone free, which is nice for those who experience problems with silicone formulations or do not like the feel of them.  The nude shade smooths out to a colorless finish, and I found myself using more of this than I did other primers.  I'm not sure why, other than it felt like I needed more to cover my face.  Perhaps it has to do with the lack of that silicone "slip" feel.   

So, how did it perform?  I've got extremely oily skin that did not appear less oily after using this.  As to extending the wear of my makeup, I could not tell a significant difference there either.  This primer retails for $33, so at that price I expect to be able to tell a difference, and I could not.  I'll use up the sample size that I have, but would not spring for the full size.  One small problem that most probably will not experience is that when I first opened the tube and removed the foil barrier on the tip, the plastic film was still left behind.  When I squeezed and experienced no product, I squeezed harder and experienced this huge gush.  Fortunately I had an empty jar to put it in.   


No comments:

Post a Comment