...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fusion Beauty Lips+Lash XL

I got this kit on sale at Sephora a few months back when they were phasing out Fusion Beauty products.  These are a mini-sized lash-volumizing mascara and a lip plumper/gloss. LashFusion XL is a nutrient-rich mascara for building volume and lengthening lashes and includes patented Capisphere technology to thicken, strengthen, and condition lashes.

The best description I could find of what LipFusion XL is supposed to do came from SkinStore's site:  "LipFusion XL is a non-injectable lip volumizing therapy that combines two times the pure active collagen of LipFusion's original plumpers with hyaluronic acid (HA), in one high-performance topical nighttime treatment. It transforms the unique micro-injected collagen technology into the most advanced plumping power found in a lip treatment.

Designed to work in synergy with the body's natural water, lips get optimal lip enhancement from two intense naturally-occurring fillers in one powerful, pout-perfecting formulation: Patented dehydrated marine collagen-filling spheres™ penetrate skin's surface on contact, then seek out body's natural water, and rehydrate to instantly plump and smooth lips." The smell of the Lip Fusion reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum, which I find pleasant.  My lips do tingle after application, but it's not a harsh sensation like some lip plumpers can have.   At first I used it mainly as a gloss, but have now started using it at night.  My lips do feel hydrated when I wake up  and I have noticed more skin sloughing.

My main criticism of the mascara is that the brush is so honkin' big.  I find it difficult to get inner corner lashes and have to be really careful with lower lashes to avoid smudges.  It does apply smoothly with minimal clumps and wears well without smudging.  I read some reviews that said the tube dried out quickly, but mine seems fine for now.

Pre Lash Fusion

Post Lash Fusion
Overall, I like both these products and am glad I got to try them.  LashFusion is $24 and LipFusion XL is $50 and can be found at online retailers like Beauty.com or SkinStore.




No comments:

Post a Comment