...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February Birchbox: Spotlight

The theme of this month's Birchbox is Spotlight and the items sent feature brands that are "changing the way we think about familiar products".  

I was sent:
  • beautyblender - a hot pink sponge to help apply foundation for an airbrushed look.
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden - a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.  The color blends nicely with my skin tone.
  • Orofluido Beauty Elixir - a hair treatment featuring argan, linseed, and cyperus oils to keep hair smooth and sleek.  I applied this to my skin and it is very smooth with no oily residue.  The scent is pleasantly soft.
  • Violent Lips - temporary lip tattoos in silver glitter.  Bold!
  • Heart shaped hot pink nail file - this will be perfect for my purse.
  • Six free digital downloads from indie rock band Green River Ordinance. 


All of these products are new to me so it will be fun to try them out.  I have no idea when I would wear glittery silver lips other than for Halloween, but I'll try them and post a picture on the blog soon.  The instructions were a little daunting - you cut the stencil  to fit your lips and then wet it to apply the glitter, so it should be interesting to see what I end up with.  Value wise, just the beautyblender and Violent Lips would come to about $27, so for a $10 investment, that's not bad.  Overall, I'm pleased with February's Birchbox.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment