...

Friday, January 27, 2012

Bare Escentuals Strike it Rich Primer Shadow Collection

Before shadow primers hit the market, I was in a world of hurt when it came to shadow creasing.  I've got seriously oily lids and it was only a matter of a few hours before my shadow had melted from my lid into my crease.  Not an attractive look.  The very first shadow primer I ever found was about 20 years ago and was made by Revlon.  I don't even remember the name and was only able to find a few tubes as I think they were on the market for like a nanosecond and had already been discontinued.  I had to wait a long time before a plethora of companies released eye shadow primers on the market and all was good in shadowland. 


 Now we also have shadows with primer built right in, multitaskers, if you will.  Prime Time Primer Shadows by Bare Escentuals are one such product and their description of being "perfect for those with oily lids, uneven skin-texture, or anyone who experience creasing and fading" makes it sound like they had me in mind from the get go. These can be used alone or as a base shadow with powder shadows on top.  I've done both with good results either way.  These cream shadows have a shimmer finish and are highly pigmented so a small amount goes a long way.  The only color that did not photograph true to color is Gunmetal, which appears more blue here than it really is.  It does have a blueish tint in the gray, but not quite as vibrant as what you see here. 


Formulated without preservatives, oil, or fragrance, these have been dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested and are safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Waterproof and smudge proof, I ran water over them after swatching and then rubbed with a paper towel and they were none the worse for the wear.  Good for you ingredients include jojoba seed oil and honeysuckle extract to condition eyelids and vitamins A, C, and E for antioxidant protection.

Here is Gold Nugget with Sandalwood on the brow bone and Bronzed Twig along the lash lines.

Below is Gunmetal with a Korres powder shadow in a medium silver blending into the crease.
Prime Time Primer Shadows regularly retail for $18 for a 0.1 oz tube and can purchased online at Bare Escentuals or Sephora. I see six shades listed and it looks like two of the ones I have (Sandalwood and Gold Nugget) were limited edition colors specific to the Strike It Rich set of 0.05 oz tubes pictured above, currently on sale for $18 at Bare Escentuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment